The CCSD Mental Health Transition Team provides services and supports for CCSD Public School students transitioning from hospitals/treatment centers to the school environment, including the following:
- Helping parents/guardians access community-based mental health providers and services, as needed
- Assisting the school team (school psychologist, nurse, and counselor) in developing an understanding of the student’s mental health needs while creating a Re-entry Plan that identifies the specific transition services and supports for the student
- Consulting with a school team regarding potential special education evaluation, programming, or placement needs
- Helping a school team determine additional needs and services within school environments (such as Section 504 Accommodation Plans, Behavior Intervention Plans, progress monitoring needs relative to targeted intervention, etc.)
- Working with school staff to build an effective support team on the school campus
- Establishing effective communication and collaboration between parents, community providers, the CCSD Mental Health Transition Team, and school-based mental health intervention teams to promote student success.